Thursday, January 14, 2010

An Exciting Year Ahead

My company is challenging everyone to loose weight and they are putting their money behind the challenge. The contest weight-in was January 4 ( I weighed 238lbs) but you can start anytime of the year you decide to participate. Next weigh-in will be June 1.
10% =$100
15% =$150
20% =$200 and ect.
Final weigh-in will be December 1 and you will receive a like amount from your original weight. An incentive to continue dropping weight and keeping it off.
This came at an opportune time as I had decided to weigh no more than 200lbs before I retire.
YES, I SAID RETIRE. I turn 62 in May and my anniversary date at work is the last of July (no need to forfeit 3 weeks vacation pay for not working the two extra months). My exact retirement date is still debatable as several factors are still in play, but it will be sometime between August 1 and the end of the year.
After retirement we will be hooking to our home (travel trailer) and hitting the road. So much to see and I can't wait to get started.
"Home will be where we park it". No, that does not mean we will travel every day but travel to a new locale and stay until we feel we have seen and done what we want and move again and let the process start over. We might stay a day or two, a week, a month, or for a season.
I might even be in your area and contact you for a little one on one meeting, just a heads-up for my friends both personal and internet types.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Congratulations on your upcoming retirement, and good luck with the diet. And if you're ever in my area, please let me know. I'd love to meet you.

-- Rob said...

I had high cholesterol a coupld of years ago, and the doctor's first recommendation was for medication. I said I'm going to change my lifestyle, first. After a 10 pound weight loss and proper change of the diet, I dropped from 223 to 178 in my cholesterol in about 7 weeks.

Hope you stay on track! It costs less in the long run to be healthy.

 

Free Web Counters
South Beach Diet Food