Friday, November 09, 2012

Utility Trailer/Camper

While camping at Eastbank Campground just over the Georgia line from Chattahoochee, Florida this rig pulled in and you know me. I had to check it out.
















Standard 6x10 utility trailer converted into a nice little camper/sleeping unit. A window was added to each side and an A/C unit on the front with electricity being supplied with an extension cord thru a r/v receptacle in the front of the trailer that fed a breaker box on the inside.














Swing out the back door and pull out the "slide-out".





You enter from the two swing out doors in the rear slide out. The white box contains a small 120 volt mini  kitchen and used as a step to enter the camper doors.
















This is a view from the rear. This unit was used by a couple and their pre-teen son. They were always outside cooking, walking, hiking, or riding bicycles and just used the camper for sleeping.

7 comments:

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

What a cool rig! You need to post a link on the forum (or with your permission, i will)

Hi Judy!

squire said...

Cyndi,
Link away if you like.

Kris said...

Brilliant! I used to joke about turning a utlity trailer into a camper--maybe I should revisit that idea!

Anonymous said...

It looks like the slide out gives at least 5 1/2 by 5 1/2 feet addition. I am curious how you made it and the sliders used. I would like to extend my 7 by 16 trailer...using the ramp as the floor.

Utility Trailer said...

Standard 6x10 utility trailer converted into a nice little camper/sleeping unit. A window was added to each side and an A/C unit on the front with ... uutilitytrailer.blogspot.com

VWHED said...

I wonder exactly how the slide out works?

Barbie Chiu said...

Hi, just passing by to see something very interesting and gladly I've found it here. Thank you for your wonderful article it really helped me a lot. You can also visit my site if you have time.

triciajoy.com

www.triciajoy.com

 

Free Web Counters
South Beach Diet Food