Friday, December 07, 2007

The Twinkie Affect

A while back I mentioned I was having some problems because I was letting my stomach rule my life. When I said I was on the wrong side of 220 pounds, I should have told the real truth. I weighted in at 229.5 pounds.

I weigh at work just as I dress for work. Jeans, work shirt, steel toed boots, and pockets full of keys. I dress the same everyday ( except for the shorts I wear in warm weather).

After Thanksgiving I decided to get healthy again. I was wearing 36 inch jeans that were way to tight. I then decided to start eating right and let my weight slip back a little. The near term I am looking for 200 pounds and then I want to settle in about 185 pounds.

This is not "vanity pounds" but pounds that effect my health. I will not be loosing 75 pounds in 12 weeks as I did when I was diagnosed with diabetes as I became anemic and my blood pressure bottomed out at 71/48. This time I will just eat the things I should and eat more than I did the first time. The first time I basically had a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch, and my evening meal amounted to about as much food as is in a tv dinner. 4oz. meat (mostly chicken), two very small servings of veggies (less than 1/2 cup) and a small salad. I did this while still putting in 14 hour days.

After the first week my weight was 225.5 pounds and today it was 221.5 pounds. I will weigh every Friday and post it here. It will keep me motivated and with Christmas coming I need all the help I can get.

I will leave you with this:
If girls with big boobs work at HOOTERS, does that mean one-legged girls work at IHOP?

1 comment:

Lilli & Nevada said...

HAHAHA on the Hooters, Boy i have some catching up to do. you surprised me with all these new posts. You must be on a role. LOL

 

Free Web Counters
South Beach Diet Food