Sunday, April 01, 2007

April book review

As you know, I have just returned from a trip to France. It was an epic journey for me as it was the first time to leave the USA. Having taken several tours on a motorcycle including one of 5700 miles, I thought I would review;












"Jupiter's Travels", by Ted Simon

In 1974 Ted Simon (an English journalist) started his four year, 64,000 mile, 53 country trip around the world trip on one of the last production Triumph motorcycle.

His Triumph was overhauled several times and had one total rebuild. His travels carried him thru some of worlds harshest countries. He traveled very cheaply and tried to live at what ever level the people around him lived.

From Sudan, to being held in a prison in Brazil, to living in a commune in California, his is an adventure that will inspire.

I hope you enjoy this book as I found it to be a very interesting read.

No comments:

 

Free Web Counters
South Beach Diet Food