Sunday, April 23, 2006

A Little Math

The last post started me to thinking about the cost of my truck. Here is what I came up with.

My tuck is worth about what my tradein was worth so I just figured that part was just a wash. My truck is a 1997 Chevy S-10, three door extended cab, 4 cyclinder, five speed, and a/c. I have owned it 8 years and put 150,000 miles on it. So here are the numbers.

$12,371 total I paid in payments
425 total in personal taxes
256 in license fees
7,200 insurance cost
these costs would acure whether or not I drove
200 tires
55 battery
1,425 general repairs
600 body repairs not turned
625 oil changes
_______
$23,192 total ( I'm sure there were other small things I
can't think of)
$23,192 / 150,000 miles=$.1546
rounded to 15 1/2 cents a mile not counting gas. The repairs will start to add up with so many miles on it.

Gas @$3 a gallon / 28mpg= 10.7 cents per mile at todays prices.

2 comments:

Patty said...

Our pony and cart were lots cheaper to maintain. He didn't even need shoes and we bartered eggs and a certain type of cookie I make for his vet checks.
Life seemed simplier when we had him.

Patty said...

Our pony and cart were lots cheaper to maintain. He didn't even need shoes and we bartered eggs and a certain type of cookie I make for his vet checks.
Life seemed simplier when we had him.

 

Free Web Counters
South Beach Diet Food