Sunday, March 30, 2008

Doing what has to be done

Yesterday I spotted this rig.












This rig is an accident waiting to happen. Besides having a trailer to heavy for the mini-van, the mini-van is front wheel drive, and this rig was being pulled by an old lady (looked to be 80) that could barely walk. She was trying to keep the safety chains from dragging when I first spotted her.

I didn't get to see plates on the mini-van, so I have no idea how far she had already traveled but she entered I-30 heading west. The hitch was near the ground just sitting still. It has to hit the ground when bouncing down the interstate.

We all "do what we have to do", but I hope the u-haul people at least informed her that this would be very unsafe.

Hopefully she makes it without incident.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I see what you mean about unsafe. I couldn't help but notice the gas price--we're still a bit below that in the Topeka Kansas area.

 

Free Web Counters
South Beach Diet Food