Sunday, January 04, 2009

Lucky Me

Some times my good fortune even surprises me.



We still own our motorhome and it is sitting in the driveway until the time I am willing to sell it. The a/c plastic cover has become brittle over the years and is missing chunks that have broken and blown away. Not a very pretty site. A new cover costs about $125. A new cover would only help the a/c and motorhome cosmetically and I have had a hard time justifying purchasing one.
















As you can see in the picture, the cover is held on by 4 studs that protrude through the top and 4 cap nuts and washers secure it.



I found a used one in great shape. No, not "I found one" used that I could buy at a reasonable price but "I found one", period!



It was sitting on the concrete retaining wall that separates our frontage road from the interstate. One had lost it.



I can only guess that the rv had been to the rv dealership (about a mile up the frontage road) and after working on the a/c, they failed to replace the retaining nuts. Someone must have found it after it had blown off and placed it on the retaining wall.



A lot of things had to fall into place for this to happen because these covers are very fragile and just falling from the top of the rv (10ft-13ft) should have destroyed it. Not counting another vehicle could have ran over it.

No comments:

 

Free Web Counters
South Beach Diet Food