Friday, January 05, 2007

Identification-ten-tee

Identification = ID
ten = 10
tee = T
added together = IDIOT and that is what I am.

Today I went online and ordered my plane ticket to France. I used Orbiz and it listed several flights. I went back and forth on the flights to pick the one I wanted.

I wanted to fly to Dallas/FW and then to Paris. Fly out on March 20 and back March 30. Well being the identification/ten/tee that I am, I did not "click" on my preferred flight. I had just scrolled down and forgot to "click" on it. (Did I mention I was VERY nervous?)

After using my credit card and purchasing my ticket (all on the list were the same price), I went to print off my conformation and realized they had (totally my fault) sold me the first ticket on the list.

I now fly out of Chicago on March 20 (makes little difference to me) but I fly back on the 29th. One less day in France.

I didn't cancel and reorder because I was afraid of how the billing would be refunded to my credit card. Since the time frame still works for Zac and myself, I just decided to live with it.

2 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Is there a phone number for accidents like this, an actual person to help you out? It might be worth one shot to try to get exactly what you want. However, I'm sure that you'll havea wonderful time with either flight. These mistakes are easy to make. Last month I made a very large credit card payment to the wrong card. It ended up costing m quite a bit of interest because I didn't notice until it was far too late.

Kerri said...

It's so easy to do....sorry this happened but glad you're OK with it. I'd be very nervous about buying a ticket online too, but our SIL does it all the time. I guess just like everything else, it takes a bit of practice to get it right.
I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time in France. Is Annette going too or are you flying alone? Your son will be so happy to see you!
Wishing you a new year of much happiness and abundant good health Squire.

 

Free Web Counters
South Beach Diet Food