Saturday, January 27, 2007

Long Day

For several years my Saturday morning run took me thru the back roads loading a truck and then up to Pangburn . I received inspiration for a few stories, my favorite being about the amputee motorcyclist.

A few months back, that run was changed as the load became to large to be put on one trailer. So we now deliver a trailer to two different places. The truck I used to load now gets a trailer but for scheduling it has to be delivered the night before. Since I couldn't be two places at one time, I was switched to running the Monticello and Hamburg run (also producing a couple of posts).

The man that was on Monticello/Hamburg has wanted the run back. Things were worked around and starting last Saturday, he has his old run back and I am doing the Pangburn run again as well as being "on call" for 4 hours.

Yesterday while down at Texarkana, my boss calls and asked if I could do BOTH runs today because the other driver has the flue. Being the team player (yea, right ) I am, I said sure.

14 hours and 398 mile later, I finally made it home. Sure is nice to be loved.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Fourteen hours, isn't there a law against that? By the way, congratulations on your new digs!

Annie said...

You're the kind of employee every employer wants.

But take care of yourself. That's your first job!

 

Free Web Counters
South Beach Diet Food