Sunday, February 11, 2007

Stagecoach Inn

We drove to Russellville today to look at a truck I had seen on the internet and decided to check out " The Potts Inn".












Being Sunday, the museum was closed and I just snapped a few photos of the grounds. I think we will try to visit when it is open so we can read more about it.













This magnificent Inn most have been a welcome stop for weary passengers of the Butterfield Stage Line.













Can't you just picture people getting off the stage and dusting themselves off before entering to have a meal and retiring for the night.













This building was used by Dr. Charles Teeter for nearly the first half of the 1900's.














This was another cabin on the grounds. Without being able to visit the museum, I can't give any details about the cabin or if the doctors office has been moved the the grounds of the museum. My guess is that both building were at other locations.














This time capsule was buried on the 100th birthday of Pottsville.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you been to Detroit, MI to the Ford Museum? My husband and I went there last year and they also have that village there. I really enjoyed going through those buildings. To stand in the court house in which Abraham Lincoln had practiced law in surely gave me a thrill! There were so many buildings with wonderful history such as this Inn you have just introduced us to. If you haven't been to the Ford Museum and Greenfield Village, I highly recommend a trip there one day.

 

Free Web Counters
South Beach Diet Food