Saturday, June 26, 2010

Not an easy task

Pick a date and retire! Easy enough, right. Not so fast. This is really an agonising decision. I have been saying that September 30 will be my last day to work and therefore I need to sign up for Social Security three months ahead of that date, in other words, in July. Next month. That just seems so final and soon!

"Working" defines who I am. Retirement feels more like I am being fired and emotionally it is rather difficult. Doesn't working until the end of the year sound better.

Work past the holidays and start the new year off with a whole new outlook on life. I'm sure the incongruousness would be no different then as now. Damn, why can't life be easy!!!!.

1 comment:

Linda said...

You are correct. The retirement decision is difficult. I did it a year ago and have not looked back. But, it might be different for a female. At any rate, do it when you are ready. It's good that you enjoy your job enough that it's hard to decide the right time.

 

Free Web Counters
South Beach Diet Food