Monday, January 01, 2007

January book review













"ANOTHER SHOT, how I relived my life in less than a year ", by Joe Kita.

When Joe Kita turned 40 he sets out in one year to revisit several times in his life that he wondered how things might have turned out if he had taken a different road.

The book has 19 chapters with each composed as a short story. It is a very "simple read", but parts of it we can all relate to.

Chapter 1, he goes back to try to make his high school basketball team.

Chapter 3, he tries to find his beloved Camaro he sold years earlier.

Chapter 6, he tries having a "date" with his mother to understand their strained relationship.

Chapter 15, he spends a week in the desert with a survival group ( with 2 days by himself), trying to prove he is "a man".

Can't say this is a great book but it has its moments.

1 comment:

Carole Burant said...

Happy New Year to you and yours, Squire! I haven't had much time to visit and comment lately but now that the holidays are over with, I should be getting back to my old routine...I hope! lol

 

Free Web Counters
South Beach Diet Food