Tuesday, January 01, 2008

January Book Review

For a couple of years I have been reading a blog about a female taxi cab driver in New York City. I have not linked to her before because I try to keep this blog family friendly and she is not afraid of the "f" work. I enjoy her blog very much and when she wrote a book, I knew that I wanted it for Christmas. Zac (who told me about the blog) gave it to me and I dove right in and read it cover to cover.

"HACK, How I stopped worrying about what to do with my life and started driving a yellow cab." by Melissa Plaut.




She tells about getting her "hack licence" and her adventures in the cab as one of the few female New York City cab drivers. She is college educated and took this job because she was not handling the office politics of the corporate world very well.

Drop by her blog and start at the beginning for insight into her book.




1 comment:

Annie said...

Hi Squire, That blog looks interesting. It'll give me a whole new view of things, I'm sure. Imagine, whipping through those NY canyons and getting paid for it!

 

Free Web Counters
South Beach Diet Food